Competition:Artist Collaboration - Limited Edition Series
Promoter:The Sheet Society Pty Ltd ABN 13 618 285 886, 380 Johnston Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067. Ph:(03) 9917 3040
Competition Period: 30/09/21 at 8:00 am AEST to 22/10/21at 11:59 pm AEDT
Eligible Entrants:Entry is open to all Australian residents who are 16 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:To enter the Competition, the entrant must, during the Competition Period, visitwww.thesheetsociety.com.au/pages/design-competition and complete the entry form with the requested Personal Details (Name, Email, Phone Number, Address, etc) and an JPEG file of their original artwork/s.
Entries Permitted:Only one (1) eligible entry per person.
Stage 1 (Shortlist Determination): The best ten (10) valid entries will be selected and determined by the representatives of the Promoter (‘Shortlisted Entries’). The Shortlisted Entries will be selected and judged on the basis of the individual originality and creative merit of the artwork/s uploaded within the entry form. All ten (10) Shortlisted Entries will be uploaded to Sheet Society Instagram (@sheetsociety) for voting by the public.
Eligible Voters:Voting is open to all persons over who are 16 years and over. Any person under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian approval to submit a vote.
How to Vote:To vote for a Shortlisted Entry, the voter must, during the Voting Period, select the Shortlisted Entry they would like to vote for within the official voting poll as prompted.
Stage Two (Winner Determination):The Shortlisted Entry that receives the highest number of valid votes from the voting poll, during the Voting Period, will be deemed the provisional winning entry. The Promoter will review the provisional winning entry and provided it is deemed the most commercial and suitable entry, that will be the Winning Entry that receives the prize specified below. If two (2) or more Shortlisted Entries are tied with the highest number of votes or if the provisional winning entry is not deemed suitable, the Promoter will determine the winner based on the individual originality and creative merit of the artwork/s.
Prize Description:One (1) Prize - the winning artwork/s will be digitally printed onto our Eden Cotton which will launch as their own Collection in 2022. The selected artist will receive an initial $1,000 licence fee payment once they have been awarded the winner, and will then receive 5% of net sales from their range, once the collection has been launched.
Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via email and phone on the 26/10/21.
Unclaimed Prizes:In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry, conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
- By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions include the Schedule above. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
- Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
- The Shortlisted Entries and Winner is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner or Shortlisted Entries. The judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant should seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of: (a) conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for Promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition; (b) providing information about the products and services offered by the Promoter and its related companies and its affiliated retailers; and (c) research to improve its products and services.
- By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as described in the clause above.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Any material submitted on entry (e.g. photo(s), image(s), drawing(s)) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Competition, for the purposes of this Competition, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Competition, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future Competitions, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph.The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
- The entrant will participate in, as required, all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Competition and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.